With so much going on in your life – from family and work to pursuing your passions – retirement planning was not your priority. You still have quite a few years before that new phase in your life begins. However, you now want to make sure that when it does, your pension and overall financial situation will allow you to keep up your current lifestyle and enjoy your golden years.
In any event, we would need the answers to the following questions:
- When would you like to stop working full time?
- What level of income are you are due to receive from your existing pension arrangements and the state pension?
- From what ages is this income payable?
- If you are a couple, what is your joint retirement position, and how is pension income apportioned between you?
- What does your ideal retirement look like?
- How much will you need to live on in retirement?
A more positive and planned approach should be taken, by working out the level of income you think you will need when you retire and making this your target for the future.
Whatever your circumstances, whether you are employed or self-employed, have a collection of old plans or are starting from scratch, independent financial advice from Wealthcare should help you determine the right retirement planning for you.